Governance is live on Pangolin.
What does this mean? We are now ready to be able to do on-chain governance. The very first set of proposals will be released as early as this coming Monday. There are three critical governance proposals to push for next week, in order of priority:
- Dramatically reduce non-PNG pool rewards. I am strongly in favor of entirely terminating non-PNG pool rewards, and favoring only PNG pool rewards.
- Setting aside a chunk of PNG tokens for listing on major exchanges, such as Binance.
- Setting aside a chunk of PNG tokens to immediately start hiring for critical roles, including a lead Technical Product Manager, a core set of developers and researchers, and various marketing people.
The next month is going to be critical and going to send PNG into stratosphere. We need to make sure we:
- Community alignment is upheld
- We re-balance the economics to prioritize PNG holders
- Establish cross-product synergies to make Pangolin more extensive, including Velox integration
- Mutually effective partnerships with both Avalanche and non-Avalanche projects
I plan to lay out some ideas for Pangolin V2 over the next few months. However, it’s critical to first hire core contributors through the treasury in the most urgent way possible. Let’s get rolling.