Starting Governance Earlier

Since inception, Pangolin has been guided by a principle of community-driven self-ownership. In fact, it was always the plan for me, like Satoshi, to remove myself entirely from the public discourse, and make sure that the community takes the project in the right direction. In a lot of ways, this is how the US was also founded.

However, given the current dynamics in the system, I think it’s time for me to propose to the community the very First Amendment to the Pangolin Constitution: start governance earlier.

This isn’t a controversial opinion. Governance was set at 3 months with the explicit intend to simply allow for enough distribution of PNG in sufficiently many hands. However, a this stage, I think there’s overwhelming support that PNG pools must receive more rewards and AVAX pools must receive less.

Changing governance timeline doesn’t change the economics. For example, there were discussions about extended the time of the airdrop, but that would certainly change the token dynamics in meaningful ways. Starting governance earlier simply gives the community a chance to start voting on important issues right away.

I propose the governance to go live in around 2 to 3 weeks. This would place the start of governance sometime between April 2nd and April 9th. This will ensure enough testing on the frontends to make sure that we’re ready to roll.

Any objections, please provide below.

117 Likes

I totally agree to the proposal!

8 Likes

This is one proposal that I think every member of the community would get behind. You have my support sir!

9 Likes

Completely agreed with this one.
It should be a P1 proposal.

7 Likes

I believe this to be a very wise decision and am all for it… thank you!

8 Likes

You’re really listening to the community. Thank you for this.

7 Likes

I agree with the statements provided. The best solution would be to Start Governance Earlier.

8 Likes

Thanks for the acceleration of the process. It is wise to make the change and establish a governance as soon as possible.

7 Likes

Totally agree, Lets get it done…

8 Likes

Totally agreed, Let’s do this!

4 Likes

Makes perfect sense for the short and long term benefit of token holders and the Pangolin community

4 Likes

Agree with that… What’s the mechanism for the governance? It’s simple voting? And who can submit a proposal?

2 Likes

I agree with this proposal!

5 Likes

Yes it is the correct timing AGREE

3 Likes

I Agree with this proposal!

4 Likes

Absolutely agreed. Nice to hear that.

4 Likes

Yes please bring it on!

4 Likes

Full Support. Before listing on a big CEX, png needs to be given the required value and made more attractive. Every DEX promotes its own governance token by supporting the native token liquidity pools with higher APRs and give ability to staking after farming to preserve its value.

5 Likes

Hell yeah we want it sooner! I’m adding a snapshot poll for this matter: Snapshot

2 Likes

Totally agree with the idea!!!

2 Likes