Overview of development process
We have formed a group of developers on Discord and we’re looking forward to starting work on making Pangolin even better.
We want the community to be involved as much as possible and as such we are proposing a process for deciding what the priority items are on our development roadmap.
The process will be as follows:
- Community devs will submit a PIP (Pangolin Improvement Proposal) in the governance forum with a list of potential features we can work on
- The PIP will be open for discussion and peer review for two weeks
- After the two weeks, elapses, the community devs and mods will submit the proposal on Snapshot as members. These specific proposals can be found under the
- The different features will be voted on
- The features we’ll work on will be ordered in priority via how many votes are received. For example, if there are two options and option a gets 100 PNG and option b gets 50 PNG. Then option a will get higher priority.
Important to note The community will define the priority of the roadmap, but it will not decide implementation details.
Current list of proposed features
So in line with this the first set of features we’re proposing are:
- Order Book - Similar to http://app.velox.global/
- Bridge Incorporated Into Pangolin (Ethereum and potentially BSC and Huobi)
- Beta.Pangolin.Exchange Test in Prod Site
- ITO (Initial Token Offers) Pangolin ITO (Initial Token Offering) | by hariseldon | Mar, 2021 | Medium
- Compound Autonomous Proposals
Benny has come up with a very well thought out proposal for this functionality, which can be found here:
Currently there is an Ethereum Avalanche bridge released by the Avalanche team. Complus has also released a bridge to BSC and Huobi. This proposal is to incorporate the bridges into Pangolin. This would then allow us to trade cross chain assets on Pangolin.
This would allow the developers to release early access features to a beta site, similar to Kusama’s design principles. It would serve as a Canary in the coal mine, where we could test new features on the mainnet, before deploying them to the broader community
This would allow new projects to launch on Pangolin. It would allow new tokens to gain liquidity and allow presales of new tokens. Another benefit would be that PNG would be the token of exchange for all new Tokens, thereby increasing utility of PNG
Compound Autonomous Proposals
This is a feature that will allow us to control the quality and ability of users to engage in the governance. Currently the process hasn’t been formalised, but if we adopted this feature, it would introduce more formal processes to governance. Please see below for more information:
Now that we’ve listed this, we will leave this open for 2 weeks for feedback and peer review. Please ask questions and engage as much as possible as on the 5th April 5pm UTC+10, feedback will end and the proposal will be listed on Snapshot.
Please be kind and considerate and let’s get cracking making Pangolin the premiere DEX in DeFi.