Pangolin Community Manager

Thanks for the support! It has been great chatting with the Yield Yak team and getting their feedback and perspectives. Appreciate all you are doing for the Avalanche ecosystem.

1 Like

it’s really great to see such participation,ı believe pangolin is still birth phase and we have a long way , we should focus on revolutionary ideas that are not in other defi’s projects. we can achieve this together, so let’s build.

1 Like

I know him from the telegram group of snowball. He was one of the best admins I have ever seen. I believe that the communication skills he has can add too much value to Avax ecosystem. Also, he has good knowledge of the DeFi ecosystem in Avalanche. I fully support this proposal as a community member from the beginning of the Pangolin journey and looking forward to seeing him as a Community Manager in Pangolin.

2 Likes

Great profile and much needed. Wholeheartedly support this.

1 Like

I fully support this proposal. I’m not only on Telegram but also on Discord and @Leo_Pangolin is gold for the Avalanche DeFi ecosystem. Pangolin really needs a guy like him and the position as Community Manager fits a skilled guy like him perfectly.

4 Likes

Will slam dunk vote for you. At this point I don’t even care if you stay anonymous. You have proved yourself over and over again imho.

1 Like

I think Best_coder_NA is the best fit candidate for community manager. Best_coder_NA will be an important team player for the entire Avalanche ecosystem with the role at Pangolin

2 Likes

I support too, we believe the project, we should all stand behind it.

1 Like

İt all reads great, your mindset also sounds good. Are you going to do an AMA (Ask me Anything) on ​​YouTube too? The community should already know who the people behind the Nicks, are. That is also the price (getting out of anonymity) for getting these great tasks and roles…

We have candidates who describe their ideas, vision, goals etc. for the position they have defined. It is important that we also know this from companies and Pangolin is also a company that defines the tasks and requirements for the job. The position can be given many names, the tasks, responsibilities, and authorizations are decisive, this has to be clear so that there is no misunderstanding later. It is also important so that there are no misunderstandings in the division of tasks. This is also important for the subsequent evaluation of the performance.

See also links below as a supplement.

general consideration

Roles, Responsibilities, Authorities

Hey I would love to do an AMA. Do you prefer written format or video call?

As for defining tasks and requirements for the job, I agree that it is important to be transparent about responsibilities and authorizations. I can describe my role and responsibilities at a high level at this point: community building, creating partnerships, establishing network effects, building support processes, establishing our brand, etc. I also think it is important as an early core contributor to have the flexibility to wear many hats, and also to do what is necessary to add value to Pangolin without being boxed into a rigid title.

Appreciate the links that you provided! I think they ask great questions, and we as the Pangolin community should try to find the right balance between establishing formal structure without compromising the speed at which we can build and innovate.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions about this, happy to answer.

2 Likes

I think the role of the community manager is a very important position in community-driven DEX. I hope that you will be able to contribute to the development of pangolin by demonstrating your abilities.

1 Like

I am very glad to see this. Best Coder would be amazing in this role.

1 Like

I can’t support this enough! I’ve had the pleasure of working with Best_Coder_NA for a few weeks on various projects. This dude can do it all! He’s on discord, telegram, twitter, reddit, heck we joke that he’s even running a myspace page for some extra engagement.

I have no doubt he has the skillset for engaging effectively and actively across multiple platforms. He also has the ear of so many other communities already as he has been integral with creating partnerships and outreach. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “yeah I was chatting with ____ on telegram and am thinking about ___”. That is exactly the community engagement Pangolin (and Avalanche) needs and I know nobody better to bring it than @Leo_Pangolin!

3 Likes

Both, the written document and the face-to-face conversation are important.

The document and the video can be stored centrally and then accessed by anyone if necessary.

The question is, what do the other community members think?

A survey like the one hariseldon2 did would certainly be the most efficient. Its AMA is at 8 pm UTC today.

1 Like

Additional information requested by a community member on Telegram:

-Job Title
Community Manager for Pangolin Exchange

-List of specific responsibilities
User engagement on telegram, discord, twitter, and various mediums.
Project engagement with projects building on Avalanche, forming partnerships and gathering feedback
Implementing a support process for user issues, questions, general help, international communities
Procure content and graphics for updates, releases, product documentation
Grow the community through outreach into other projects and networks

-Proof you qualify for position
My professional work history has a track record of building quality teams and communities, as well as delivering excellent products.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/leochen5/
My DeFi experience has helped grow Snowball into one of the largest projects and strongest communities on the Avalanche network (Snowball). I also formed Sherpa Cash with Hari and have organically grown that community to a respectable size.

-List of goals
See main post above.

-Short term roadmap you are responsible for
From the V1.1 Roadmap

I will be involved in conversations for all initiatives since as the community manager its my job to stay informed, inform the community, and provide support for new features. Specific initiatives that I will be more active in are 1) Rewarding avalanche native projects 2) Pangolin Academy 3) Avax faucet

From the roadmap specific to my position, I will be building out more robust support processes that ensures coverage across time-zones and multiple languages. I want to also reinvigorate the social media and marketing aspect of Pangolin to reach a wider audience.

-Metrics used for measuring progress
Metrics that are important to me are 1) User growth and retention 2) Community engagement and sentiment 3) TVL growth

-Frequency of reports to community
I plan to engage with the community actively throughout the day on Telegram, Discord, and other forms of social media.
For more formal reports, I will announce major updates and news across the mediums that Pangolin users are on. I will also report progress on the roadmap as the team makes progress.

-Strategy for communication with community
I think it’s important to both be at the ground level with users in Telegram and Discord, as these are the heart and soul of a healthy DeFi community. I also want to post frequently on higher level communication tools such as Twitter and Reddit. DMs are always welcome too.

-Expected Compensation
Still discussing with the core team what is fair and makes sense. Will post an update as soon as part is figured out.

1 Like

Thanks for putting yourself forwards @Leo_Pangolin
Can I ask why do you pick Comminity Manager over Developer?
I am not suggesting Community Manager is the wrong job, I’m just interested to know why :smiley:

I think while Brand, Graphics & Visuals should have input from the Community Manager, we can afford a separate Designer and Marketing Manager.

Hey that is a good question.

I would like to be community manager over developer for the following reasons:

1. Impact - my impact to Pangolin is much greater as a community manager than as a developer. I excel at creating relationships and partnerships, as well as engaging with communities.
  2. Preference - I enjoy the community manager role more than the developer role
  3. Need - Pangolin needs both a community manager and developers. There are some great developers already, such as Bmino, that we will add to the core team.
3 Likes

I truly appreciate your efforts as I found you very helpful for any information

@Leo_Pangolin appreciate your help.

1 Like

Fully support you Leo. Would you ever use your coding skills to support the devs if the need called for it? We need a team established soon so I’ll be voting yes.

1 Like

Yeah definitely! My technical background helps me troubleshoot issues for both users and developers. Also could help with any tasks needed that I have time for. As a small team, we all need to wear a lot of hats :slight_smile:

2 Likes