Hello Pangolin Community,
I would like to propose myself for the position of Pangolin Community Manager and share a bit about my qualifications, goals, and vision for Pangolin Exchange.
I have worked in software development for 10 years. I was an Engineering Manager for two of these years. Prior to my software career, I worked in technical support and studied Business and Information systems.
I believe my background gives me a strong mix of technical, business, leadership, and customer service skills. I know what it means to deliver quality software to thousands of users, and provide the highest level of support. I can effectively communicate at many levels, across various mediums, and with many different types of people. I am able to foster and grow strong teams and communities.
Experience in Avalanche DeFi
I have worked in Avalanche DeFi for several months. First with the Snowball project as a front-end developer, and more recently with Sherpa Cash as its community manager and front-end developer. I have first hand insight into what it means to build a new DeFi project from the ground up in the Avalanche landscape, and know the struggles and issues that developers and users face. I know how to reach out to projects directly to form relationships and partnerships.
I am actively involved in many other DeFi communities, and speak with developers and users from other projects on a regular basis (Pangolin, Penguin, Yield Yak, Olive, Markr.io, Snowflake Market, PandaSwap, Spore, Gondola, etc.). I have recently taken over the role of curating the “This Week In Avalanche” newsletter. As such, I am very in tune with the needs of the users and projects across the DeFi landscape. I have even crossed chains into Binance Smart Chain to give support to Beefy users in their Discord channel when they started auto-compounding Snowball’s pools. And also have crossed into the Ethereum chain to reach out the Tornado Cash and Pickle Finance communities.
With my extensive involvement in Avalanche DeFi, and with the trust that I have built with users and projects within the existing communities, I believe that I am well positioned to represent Pangolin Exchange as its community manager. I try to go the extra mile to ensure that all questions get answered, and that all users feel involved in the community. I also advocate for the best interests of project teams and developers.
Current involvement with Pangolin Exchange
I am active throughout the day in both the Pangolin Discord server and Telegram channel: answering user questions, providing technical support, and posting news updates. I created and moderate the /r/PangolinExchange subreddit. I also suggested we create international language channels in the Pangolin Discord, which has now been added.
I am very familiar with the Pangolin Governance process. For Snowball’s Pangolin proposal, we needed to collect 1M delegated PNG votes, write code to execute the changes, and troubleshoot and fix the voting UI when it had issues. I was involved in this process from end to end which gave me tremendous insight and experience with Pangolin’s governance structure.
Furthermore, I have worked closely with a few of the Pangolin community developers, so I am familiar with that aspect of the Pangolin community as well
Goals as Community Manager
- User engagement - Keep users active, engaged, and informed through social media and other mediums
- Project and Developer engagement - I would like to keep other projects and developers engaged with Pangolin frequently and able to provide feedback and suggestions
- Cross-community communication - establish lines of communication for new and existing projects to interact with Pangolin
- Governance Participation - Increase participation in the governance forums, snapshot proposals, and formal proposals
- International Communities - Add more ways for international language speakers to communicate and ask questions
- Support Coverage - Add processes to ensure that Pangolin has support coverage across all time zones
- Brand - Ensure that Pangolin establishes a brand as a reliable, safe, and innovative DEX
- Graphics & Visuals - visual graphics are very powerful in crypto and DeFi. I would like to find ways to increase the creation and usage of these
Vision for Pangolin Exchange
I see Pangolin Exchange as the central hub that powers Avalanche DeFi. I would like Pangolin Exchange to focus on the following areas in its next phase of evolution:
- Support DeFi projects that are building on Avalanche with marketing and liquidity
- Attract and retain users with robust features and a strong community
- Cultivate talented contributors to add value to Pangolin Exchange
- Increase integration and partnerships with other DeFi projects
- Find more utility for the PNG token
Stance on anonymity
I came to Avalanche under the pseudonym Best_Coder_NA. I am completely okay with using my real identity if it will increase trust from the community.
I have a multi-cultural background. I have lived and worked in the US most of my life and am a native English speaker. I am also fluent in Mandarin Chinese with roots in Asia. This background helps me relate to users and people across many time zones and geographies. I could leverage my language skills and background to help expand our community into Chinese speaking and other asian language communities.
A strong community is the heart of a successful DeFi project. I believe that with my background, experience, and vision - I can help direct and build the Pangolin community to where it needs to be. Happy to answer any questions below, or schedule chats with anyone who would like to talk.
My telegram handle is @BestCoderNA if you want to contact me directly. Thank you!