When I first applied for community project manager, I had absolutely no idea it would get the response it did. Most of it’s been really rewarding and positive however certain members of our community were disappointed with how the process came across.
I think it’s very important that these dialogues continue to occur and ultimately I believe it allows us as a community to improve and to grow.
As part of our current Governance process, the first step is to submit a proposal to Snapshot. I’ve done that and have gotten the requisite votes for me to then move forward and provide an on chain proposal.
When I started thinking about the practicalities of what the on chain proposal entailed, it started getting complicated pretty fast. How was I to be paid? How would I be able to reward the community contributors for all their hard work? Did I need to get a Snapshot vote and then write a piece of code anytime the Pangolin treasury had to pay for anything? This presented a few major roadblocks:
- If everything had to go through on chain governance, Pangolin would move at a glacial pace and not get anything done.
- If I was the only person on the core team, I’d very quickly drown under the weight of all the work that needed to be done.
I then engaged in some very thoughtful conversations with as many members of the community as I could find that were willing to talk to me.
This is what came out of those discussions:
The proposal is to transfer 2 million PNG (roughly 10%) from the community treasury to a multisig wallet. This multisig will then be tasked with paying salaries for the core team, as well as paying for any bounties that will be issued to perform key functionality to support the day to day running of Pangolin. This Treasury will also be used to fund any CEX listings.
This is a group of community members that will be responsible for overseeing and agreeing on decisions that are in the best interest of Pangolin in its day to day operations. The members are at the mercy of governance proposals from the greater community to be added or removed. Financial decisions involving more than 10,000 PNG should require directly engaging with the broader community via a snapshot vote, or equivalent interaction. Bounties that are lower than 10,000 PNG will be trusted to the multisig to make the best decisions on behalf of the community.
The multisig that has currently been proposed is a 5of 8multisig, with the following proposed members.
- Justin Trollip (Hari Seldon) — Pangolin
- Xavier — Pangolin Telegram
- Omer Demirel
- Mark — Avalaunch
- Benny — Pangolin
- Brandon /Bmino— Pangolin
- Sabo — Pangolin Discord moderator
Please note This list is not set in stone and I’d like to open up comments on the members to the broader community. Please be civil in your discussions? But we’d like to hear from the broader community if we can improve upon this list. Also I know everyone is going to ask about Connor. I have spoken to Connor and for him to be impartial, and avoid conflicts of interests, it seems prudent for him not to be on the multisig. I’m disappointed by this, but please can we respect the decision.
- Myself (Hari Seldon/Justin Trollip)
- Leo/BestCoderNa — Community manager
- Brandon/Bmino — Core developer
- Xavier — Advisor and all round good guy
- Connor - Advisor
I know there have been concerns from some members of the community. However I’d ask that you give us time to prove we are capable for the position. What I think a lot of people sometimes forget is that all of us are giving up very safe jobs to embark on an incredibly risky journey. Let our actions be the proof and if after a few months we are floundering, then by all means shout as loud as possible. For now, I ask you give us an opportunity to prove ourselves.
If this proposal passes, we will be building what we call version 1.1. These are features that we believe are critical to keep us competitive while allowing us to design version 2 in the background.
Please note: This are just our immediate concern, there are much more exciting developments coming in version 2.
- Create a Snapshot strategy that will allow Pangolin holders to use their PGL in the voting process
- Bridge — We will facilitate and fund a community bridge. We have already started engaging the community to gauge interest in who would like to become a relayer. Pangolin will fund relayers for hosting the bridge for a year. The bridge will then serve the following EVM chains. BSC, Matic, xDAI, Huobi and then expand into Substrate chains later (Polkadot and Kusama)
- Avax faucet — We will build a faucet that provides enough AVAX for anyone that would like to try out Avalanche. This faucet can be used by newcomers into the Avalanche ecosystem that will allow them to pay for gas.
- Staking — We will implement a staking feature. The details will need to be voted on.
- Pangolin Academy — We will launch a Pangolin Academy which will be used to encourage community participation and a pathway for people to contribute to the Avalanche ecosystem.
- Bounties — Numerous bounties will be launched to help with tasks such as translations, marketing, legal, UX/UI work and assorted other tasks
- On ramp to launch partners to provide liquidity pairs onto any DEX on Avalanche. This piece of functionality will allow any launch partner, Avalaunch, TrustSwap, to allow a percentage of the sale proceeds, to be directly listed on any DEX within the ecosystem and also generate the code to be included in PNG rewards.
- Reward Avalanche native projects . Reach out to Avalanche DeFi projects to get PNG rewards instead rewarding PNG to lesser used tokens in the Avalanche ecosystem.
- CEX integration . We will open discussions with Gate.io, Kraken, Coinbase, Binance, Crypto.com, Gemini, Huobi, Okex and potentially others.
I know this post is going to get alot of eyes on it. I love how passionate this community is, but can I please ask that we be respectful and kind to each other in our interactions?
Looking forward to hearing from everyone!