Head of People role

Now that Pangolin is starting to grow it’s core team, it’s time we start looking at implementing policies around what we expect from people who join the core team.

Currently I’ve been doing it and trying to define policies, but it’s definitely not my strong suit. So I’d like to propose hiring someone to help out with getting our policies and structure in place.

This is quite a challenging role due to the decentralised nature of our team. Currently we have contributors in the following localities:

• Australia
  • Turkey
  • France
  • India
  • Brazil
  • Switzerland
  • Ireland
  • USA

This brings unique challenges. How do we define a leave policy? How do we come up with working hours where team members overlap?

What’s our policy on working on side projects?

I’d love to see someone come in and focus around Pangolin’s working culture, engagement and providing learning pathways so that working at Pangolin provides the best ability for our contributors to explore the technology and skills that most align with their goals.

As always, our preference is always to hire from within the community. If you are work in HR and have worked in fast paced startups and would be interested, please reach out and I’d love to have a discussion around how we could work together.

4 Likes